Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Barter

I am actually still confused on the barter bank account. I have recorded all the transactions to the barter account but the barter account don't appear as zero values.

On 11 Jan 2013 company A have make payment to company B (which is the customer and also the vendor) amount $438,072.00. And the payment for that value is the contra of :

1) Company A invoices total - $20,525
2) Company B invoices total - $451,633
3) Company B claims submission to Company A - $6,964

=> $20,525 - $6,964 = $13,561
=> $451,633 - $13,561 = $438,072

What is the correct way to record the above payment of $438,072.00 so at the end the barter account will appear zero?
How do i do the contra and at the same time to assign both companies invoices as paid?
If i need to do JE please let me know the details.

Thank you!

Who is A?  Your company, another customer or vendor

If A is a vendor?
Enter a journal entry
Debit accounts payable  $6964 Vendor A
Credit  an expense or income account  $6964(what was the claim for? services rendered?  repairs expense?  materials income or expense?)

In the pay bills window Apply the debit to the bill  for $20525 leaving 13561 balance.
Enter a payment on customer account A for $13561
post to the barter account

Enter a customer accounts receivable  payment for $13561  and deposit to the barter account.
Leaving a balance of accounts receivable of $438072.

Linda Saltz  

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA, QBalance.com

QuickBooks best practices, troubleshooting, accounting, tax We have over 70 pages of website content about QuickBooks tips, running a business, tax and business startup at http://www.qbalance.com

Accountant and CPA over 20 years. Specializing in accounting software for over 12 years, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, QuickBooks seminar instructor since 1997.
Producer of www.QBalance.com over 100 pages devoted to QuickBooks help and support and training for small business owners in tax and accounting issues.