Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/program won't open

Question
QUESTION: Hello

I can not open the program QB 2008.  I get this error message  

Can not find data server..   

Could you please help?

Thank you,   Gabe

ANSWER: Hi Gabe,
Have you tried rebooting?  if you are on a network, reboot the server also.  If this doesn't help I will need to know a little bit more about your setup.  Are you on a network? Which platform are you using (XP,7,8).
Karin

QUESTION: Hello

I struggled too long with it... Uninstalled with clean uninstalled tool of QB.  Now have a fresh copy.  Need to do the same setting.  Once I load the backup invoices, will it also load the previous settings?  

I am on windows 7/  no network.  To load the backup invoices just drag them exactly to where, please?  

Thank you,   Gabriel

Answer
Hi Gabe,
My apologies for taking so long to answer. When you do a clean install, you will need to reinstall your quickbooks file from a backup. (the templates will be restored when you do this).
The templates are stored with the Quickbooks program file, and the normal place would be:

c/program files (x86)/intuit/20xx  

If you only have one version of quickbooks on your computer the xx would be that year.  The file extension is .des

If you do not have a current back up (and therefore do not want to overwrite your current file, you should be able to restore an old back up and name it (companynameOLD.qbw) This will restore your templates into the quickbooks folder. You will then have to import them in your current file.
To do this:
Click on Lists
Click on Templates (new window)
click on templates (at the bottom of the window)
click on import

You will have to import each template individually

Hope this helps
Karin  

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Karin Hostetler