Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/How To Record Broker Business Transactions

Question
How to I record a transaction in Quickbooks for a "broker" transaction.  I am a business broker of goods.  Customers or end-users place orders with me to buy goods.  I then place and order with the manufacturer to buy the goods.  The manufacturer creates an invoice.  I notify my customer of the invoice and he sends me the payment to pay it.  The goods are shipped directly to the customer from the manufacturer.  How do I record the initial transaction in Quickbooks with the manufacturer when the invoice is created and the payment I receive from the customer to pay for it.  Thank you for your assistance.
Travis

Answer
Hi Travis,
If the invoice from the manufacturer is made out to you do the following:
The invoice from the manufacturer would be a "bill" for you (it is an item that you have to pay)
You would then invoice your customer to receive the payment. When you receive the payment from the customer you enter it in the customer center under receive payments.
You would then pay the manufacturer in the vendor center under pay bills.
Karin

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Karin Hostetler