Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Quickly pull customer account

Question
Hello Karin,  Thanks for your help. I am using Quickbooks 2003. We use the Customer:Job category frequently but I am finding it difficult to bring up jobs. We name them as example "GMCCA:Business Card 19th/#3978/K Schlitz"  As it stands right now, I have to search down the long list to find the right job.  They fall in somewhat alphabetical order and we do close the jobs with "X" when they are done but there are times I need to pull them  up.  I was able to sort them by name which helps.  Is it possible to alter a setting so I can start typing text within the Job name such as #3978 and the job appears?  When entering bills, I can type "COG" in Account and Expense:COGS does appear. I don't need to start typing Expense: or use the drop down to make it appear. I hope I have explained myself well enough.  

So - when entering bills, I would like to type #3978 and have "GMCCA:Business Card 19th/#3978/K Schlitz" appear. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Francyn,
My apologies for taking so long to answer.
In regards to your question, you would need to use the number first in the job name. Instead of GMCCA:Business Card 19th/#3978/K Schlitz, it would be GMCCA:#3978/Business Card 19th/K Schlitz. The sort mechanism in Quickbooks uses the first letters of the job name, so to find the job under your current naming you would need to start to type business card.
I hope this helps.
Karin

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Karin Hostetler