Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Quickbooks question

Question
I received a payment from a client and credited it to the client's account.  The client's account shows a zero balance, which is correct.  BUT, the payment does not show up in the list of payments received.  I didn't realize this and made a deposit with that & other checks.  The bank pointed out that the total of the checks was more than the amount of the deposit. I have looked everywhere I can think of (did a find search, etc.) and the only place I find the check is in the client's payment received.  But, it is nowhere in the to be deposited window.  I don't know how to resolve this - any suggestions?  Or should I just delete the payment and re-enter it and see if it shows up in the checks to be deposited?

Thanks for your advice.

Answer
Hi Marlene,

Im not super clear on what the exact problem is. However,  you can find more info as follows:

Go to the customer center >  click on the client >  in the right
 find the payment ( make sure that the show selection includes all transactions)
 Open the payment > click on the payment >   is the payment pointing to undeposited funds
  or directly to the bank account?   Possibly you have your preferences set to not
  allow for this choice and you may not see where the payment is going to.  

In that case, while still in the payment window > 1 click on the reports tab > click on
  history button >  do you see a deposit that is linked to this payment?  If so click on it.
  Is it included in the right deposit and the right bank account? If not delete it
  It will then show up to be included in an alternate deposit.

Let me know if you need more help

Linda Saltz, CPA
Advanced Certified QuickBooks Advisor
http://www.qbalance.com  

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA, QBalance.com