Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/How can I check the income for the vendor in the report center?

I am using QB 2008 and I want to check the income for a specific vendor, but I don't know how to solve it, so please feel very kind and free to explain to me in detail so that I can go to it.

I am very eager to know the income by a vendor so that I can be very sure how much I get from the vendor.

Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to your prompt and helpful answers sooner!

My best regards,

Hi Luck,

QuickBooks 2008 does not contain a report income by vendor.

You could set up an item on your items list with the vendor name
then add the items that you buy from that vendor as a subitem

You can then run a report
Reports > Job and Time report > Item profitbility

If that is not possible. You can set up future transactions to contain
this information by using the class field. You can turn on class tracking in the
preferences window (edit menu > preferences > accounting preferences)
Then set up your class list with vendor names.  You will want to customize your
Purchase order, Sales Order, Invoice forms to add the class field (as a view only field)
to your forms on the columns tab  (List menu > templates)

Hope this helps,

Linda Saltz, CPA
Advanced Certified QuickBooks Advisor
We sell and support QuickBooks Enterprise

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA,

QuickBooks best practices, troubleshooting, accounting, tax We have over 70 pages of website content about QuickBooks tips, running a business, tax and business startup at

Accountant and CPA over 20 years. Specializing in accounting software for over 12 years, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, QuickBooks seminar instructor since 1997.
Producer of over 100 pages devoted to QuickBooks help and support and training for small business owners in tax and accounting issues.