Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Sale Receipts

I am using QuickBooks 2015. I want to make a sales receipt that totals $125. I want to receive $25 cash and a check for $100. Then make a deposit to my checking account. Please help with detailed instructions on how to do this on one sales receipt.

Hi Julie
Set up a new payment item in your items list
List menu > items > right click  choose new item >  type = Payment
 Enter an item for Cash , select the radial button for undeposited funds and save

Also it is helpful to have a subtotal item
 right click > add new item > type is subtotal

When you are completing your sales receipt,  select check  in payment method at the
top of the sales receipt.

Enter your sales items and add a subtotal (if more than one)
Enter the cash payment item and enter the amount of cash paid.
This will reduce your sales receipt to the appropriate amount of the check received.
When you save the sales receipt you will see both cash and check in your undeposited
funds window for grouping and making a deposit.

Hope this helps,

Linda Saltz, CPA
Advanced Certified QuickBooks Advisor
We sell and support QuickBooks Enterprise

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA, QBalance.com

QuickBooks best practices, troubleshooting, accounting, tax We have over 70 pages of website content about QuickBooks tips, running a business, tax and business startup at http://www.qbalance.com

Accountant and CPA over 20 years. Specializing in accounting software for over 12 years, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, QuickBooks seminar instructor since 1997.
Producer of www.QBalance.com over 100 pages devoted to QuickBooks help and support and training for small business owners in tax and accounting issues.