Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/reminders / alerts still showing

Hello, I have quickbooks pro 2012 for windows, and under the "reminders / alerts" there are still some invoices showing as unpaid or outstanding, but a credit was made against the invoice and the account is 0 balance, however when I double click on the reminder/alert the invoice comes up and does not say paid, looks like an active invoice. when I create a statement for the account it also says the account is 0 balance. how can I get this off the reminder/alert area. I seem to remember in the past in the same area it came up as the credit also and once I applied the credit it came off. but no where to do this in the reminder/alert area. any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks, June

Hi June,
Sorry for the delay.

Open a receive payment window and call up that customer name.
Does the invoice show up?
If so, Click on the set credits button ( top of receive payment window
and place a checkmark next to the credit balance. Close that window and save the

Let me know if it still shows up.

Linda Saltz, CPA

We sell and support QuickBooks Enterprise

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA, QBalance.com

QuickBooks best practices, troubleshooting, accounting, tax We have over 70 pages of website content about QuickBooks tips, running a business, tax and business startup at http://www.qbalance.com

Accountant and CPA over 20 years. Specializing in accounting software for over 12 years, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, QuickBooks seminar instructor since 1997.
Producer of www.QBalance.com over 100 pages devoted to QuickBooks help and support and training for small business owners in tax and accounting issues.