Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Invoice Template

Hello, I have Quickbook Pro 2012, this seems like a simple question and really don't understand why this is happening. I have 2 different types of Invoice Templates that I use,  mostly it is just a regular invoice but once in a while I use an invoice that is marked as duplicate (separate template in my quickbook system)today I used the Dup inv template for one invoice but when I go into make another invoice using the regular template I chose that template but it keeps going back to the dup template. how can I get it to stay on the regular template ??  thanks in advance for your help !

Invoice templates are considered "sticky settings"
Which means
When you save an "original" save on an invoice transaction, whatever template you
used becomes the default template.

Changing the template then saving, does not change the sticky setting.

So you should save a new invoice with the desired template and that will become the
new default template.

Let me know if this is unclear or if you have additional questions.

Linda Saltz, CPA
Advanced Certified QuickBooks Advisor
We sell and support QuickBooks Enterprise.  

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA, QBalance.com

QuickBooks best practices, troubleshooting, accounting, tax We have over 70 pages of website content about QuickBooks tips, running a business, tax and business startup at http://www.qbalance.com

Accountant and CPA over 20 years. Specializing in accounting software for over 12 years, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, QuickBooks seminar instructor since 1997.
Producer of www.QBalance.com over 100 pages devoted to QuickBooks help and support and training for small business owners in tax and accounting issues.