Quilting/antique(?) quilt frame

Martha Newman wrote at 2008-08-25 22:49:32
I have a Cranberry Crib to King Quilt frame which I bought second-handa few years ago. It was probably 10-20 years old at the time. It is made of beautiful, smooth maple wood. It is adjusted by moving "positioning arms" and "rotating arms" and tightening a bolt.

Becca J wrote at 2012-02-01 01:48:25
Cranberry family frames for Needle Crafters was made by Heritage Wood Crafts located in Pontiac Mich.  this vendor advertised regularly in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine in the early 80's.  Unfortunately I have been unable to find any further info about them since.

Dianne J. wrote at 2016-05-05 19:32:50
Heritage wood crafts were the manufacturers of the Cranbrook looms for weaving and had been in business for a long time. When quilting became popular in the late 1970's and early 1980's, Heritage began making quilting frames. I guess that because of the name recognition for a very beautiful and functional loom, the company decided to call the quilt frames Cranberry. I also think that this company made looms for Cranbrook, an art school from the 1930's and is still in existence and that is located in Oakland County, MI. I have the large quilt frame with stretchers that go as large as 90 inches and is very  nice to use. Of course, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the more modern frames have, but I really like using the Cranberry. I also have a small needlework frame with the same  type base as the large frame and matches the wood of the large frame. I really haven't used this frame particular frame but I enjoy looking at it. As far as I know, Heritage is no longer in business and is not making the Cranbrook loom any longer. You can still find this loom once in a while for sale. It was considered the gold standard at the time that it was being made. If you find this answer as it has been eight years since asking, I hope this helps you out. If anyone else finds this answer, I hope that this info will be added to some quilt history.

Quilting

Julie Silber