Quilting/Rag quilt queen bed

Question
If have 3 colors for a queen rag quilt how many squares and how much of each material would I purchase for 8 inch square and 6 squares. One color would be my main color and the other 2 would be the same amount of squares.

Thanks in advance.
Irma Friesen

Answer
Hey Irma,

I actually don't do these calculations anymore - way too much time.  

However, one of my first questions dealt with this and here is a link to the answer:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Quilting-2339/Rag-Quilt-Patterns.htm

You should be able to work through the math relatively easily if you follow this guide.  Thanks so much and good luck with your quilt.

Quilting

Audrey Zohner