Quilting/Handmade Quilt with Cross-Stitch

Question
White and Blue Quilt-Full View
White and Blue Quilt-F  

White and Blue Quilt-Back Part View
White and Blue Quilt-B  
I am having to appraise all items in my grandparents home due to their recent death. I am supposed to get an approximate retail value, and fair market value,(basically what people are paying on Ebay or auction sites right now.
I am trying to find out as much information as I can:
*Is it handmade?
*Is it antique?
*What is the pattern, what would someone call this type of quilt?
*What materials it's made of?
*a retail value and fair market value, if possible?

The quilt is white with blue cross-stitch designs on it.
*do those designs have a certain name?

The quilt is approximately 78" x 91" and around 4-6mm thick
*Which would this be considered: King, Queen, Full?

Thank you so much and if there's anything else to add, please do! I'm not very versed with quilts.

Answer
Hi Amy,

First, I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you for contacting me, and thank you especially for the organized and thorough presentation of your questions.

I will answer your questions as best as I can in CAPS.

*Is it handmade?  YES

*Is it antique?   AGE IS LIKELY 1950-80. TECHNICALLY NOT AN ANTIQUE BUT VINTAGE.  

*What is the pattern, what would someone call this type of quilt?  I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT NAME OF THE PATTERN, BUT IT PROBABLY HAS ONE.  THE QUILT WAS VERY LIKELY MADE FROM A COMMERCIALLY PRODUCED KIT.  MY EXPERTISE IS GREATER IN EARLIER QUILTS, SO I DO NOT KNOW THE COMPANY OR PATTERN NAME OR NUMBER, BUT TWO OF THE MAJOR COMPANIES PRODUCING THESE DURING THAT ERA ARE PARAGON AND BUCILLA.
*What materials it's made of?  APPEARS TO BE COTTON -- FEW OF THESE WERE ANYTHING ELSE.

*a retail value and fair market value, if possible? NOT VERY MUCH. I AM A DEALER AND APPRAISER AND FOLLOW THE ANTIQUE QUILT MARKET VERY CLOSELY.  HOWEVER THIS QUILT IS NEWER THAN WHAT WE HANDLE -- OURS RANGE FROM 1800 - ABOUT 1940.  I WENT TO COMPLETED SALE ON EBAY AND SEARCHED.  THE RANGE FOR QUILTS CLOSE TO YOURS WAS ABOUT $75 - $200.  I SAW ONE OR TWO THAT HAD SOLD FOR A BIT MORE.  EMBROIDERED QUILTS ARE NOT AMONG THE MOST POPULAR NOW.

*do those designs have a certain name?  SEE ABOVE

*Which would this be considered: King, Queen, Full?  (TOP OF) MATTRESS SIZES:  SINGLE (TWIN) = 39 X 72, DOUBLE 54 X 75 INCHES, QUEEN = 60 X 80 INCHES, KING = 76 X 80 INCHES.  YOURS WAS LIKELY INTENDED AS EITHER A BLANKET FOR A DOUBLE, OR A BEDSPREAD FOR A SINGLE.

I hope this is of some help to you, and I wish you well.

Julie Silber
www.thequiltcomplex.com

Quilting

Julie Silber