Quilting/finishing a quilt

Question
I recently purchased a beautiful quilt top and was wondering if you know of someone who could turn it into a finished quilt. It would'nt have to have a lot of intricate quilting just batting, back and edges. I am in Portland, OR. Thank you!

Answer

Thanks for writing.  I am in the field of antique quilts and really do not know much about who can finish a top.

However, I can suggest that you go to a local quilt store -  ideally, not a chain store like Joann's but rather an
independently owned shop, and ask there.

I know there are some quilt "guilds" in your area.  You might try Googling Oregon Quilt Guild, and see what comes up.
Those women are usually very helpful on things like this.  E-mail whoever the contact person is for a guild near you, and just explain what you are looking for. A good bet, I'd think...

Sorry I can not give you specific contacts -- I am in California.

Good luck with this.

Best,
Julie Silber

Www.thequiltcomplex.com

Quilting

Julie Silber