Quilting/old quilt appraissal

Question
quilt
quilt  
Can you tell me the name of the pattern of this quilt?  Any other info would be appreciated.  Also, can you tell me approx value as collectible. I have more pictures  but I can tell you that some of the squares have tears at seams and only a bit are torn across.  I understand that old quilts like this are only minimally valuable but I really like this pattern and would like to know the name and if it makes it more valuable than average.   Thank you for anything you can answer.

Answer
Hello,

I am sorry for the delay -- I was away for a few days.  The pattern of your quilt is called "Domino Set." It was designed by a commercial designer named Nancy Cabot (probably a pseudonym). It would likely have appeared in newspapers, syndicated column.  Published first in 1937.

The block appears in a reference book as a drawing:  Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns by Barbara Brackman.  Our block is Brackman's  #1370.

If you quilt is torn and worn, it has little retail value, in mu opinion.

Thanks for asking and hope this helps some,

Julie

Julie Silber
www.thequiltcomplex.com

Quilting

Julie Silber