Quilting/old quilt appraissal

Can you tell me the name of the pattern of this quilt?  Any other info would be appreciated.  Also, can you tell me approx value as collectible. I have more pictures  but I can tell you that some of the squares have tears at seams and only a bit are torn across.  I understand that old quilts like this are only minimally valuable but I really like this pattern and would like to know the name and if it makes it more valuable than average.   Thank you for anything you can answer.

I am sorry for the delay -- I was away for a few days.  The pattern of your quilt is called "Domino Set." It was designed by a commercial designer named Nancy Cabot (probably a pseudonym). It would likely have appeared in newspapers, syndicated column.  Published first in 1937.

The block appears in a reference book as a drawing:  Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns by Barbara Brackman.  Our block is Brackman's  #1370.

If you quilt is torn and worn, it has little retail value, in mu opinion.

Thanks for asking and hope this helps some,

Julie Silber

Julie Silber

I can speak to the age, design, style, region, history, and value of antique quilts.

Forty years as an appraiser, dealer, historian, collector, consultant and museum curator in the area of QUILTS MADE BEFORE 1950.

American Quilt Study Group (former Board Member); Alliance for the American Quilt (Former Board Member)

Author or co-author of several award winning books on Quilt History; numerous articles on quilt history published over a 30 year period. Details upon request.

B.A., American History, University of Michigan; Post Graduate courses in folklore, history and art history

Esprit de Corp., San Francisco; Levi Strauss, San Francisco; Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn, MI; Oregon Historical Society, Portland, OR