Quilting/secret quilt

I have just inherited a old family quilt that my grandmother (she was born in 1913) received from her aunt years ago. it measures 67 1/2 inch x75 1/2 inches it is white on one side and the other side is white with hundreds of little roses (1/16 inch in size)along with little green 6 pedal flower with a red center(same size as the rose)this covering a blanket underneath I know this due to the small hole in the top cover the under blanket is white with red swastika symbols  48 of them 6 across the bottom and 8 along the side.The story goes that grandmas aunt was a member of the American Nazi party before world war 2 and if you hang the quilt in front of a light then the swastikas show through. I had a quilt collector tell me this is a old quilt around 1930 at least but did not know why the top covering sown on around the edge.I am NOT a fan of Nazi but would like to know more about this quilt and how much it is worth. Thank you for your time.

Sorry I haven't answered sooner have been away for two weeks with only my phone for email.

I've never heard of Nazi quilts, what an interesting discovery. But, I do know that a block looking like a swastika does exist with no connection to Nazis.

If the rumor about your relative existed already, it's possible. But if the only evidence is this quilt, I suspect it's not Nazi-related.
I'm not able to value quilts, you'd need to find an appraiser.
good luck with finding more.
Put 'quilt appraisal' in Google and see if you can get some advice.

Susan Druding

Questions on all aspects of quilting are welcome: both art quilting and traditional. I have been involved with the textile arts for more than 30 years - history, technique, materials. Helping beginners as well as experienced quilters find quilting teachers and finding quilt resources on the Web is a specialty.

I am a quilter, both art and traditional. I was the Quilting Guide on About.com (previously called The Mining Co.) for more than 8 years.
I now have my own personal quilting information site at www.Equilters.com and have many resources to help quilters, beginning to expert.

Quilting at About.com www.equilters.com

MA in textile design, U of Calif, Berkeley

I have shown quilts in various shows and exhibitions and won a Judge's Choice Ribbon in Houston 2000