Quilting/Fat Quarter Mystery Quilt

I am the newsletter writer for our quilt guild, Dixie Lee Quilt Guild in Fredericktown, Missouri.  My guild members have shown a lot of interest in receiving a mystery quilt in the newsletter each month.  I did some research and found your Fat Quarter Mystery Quilt.  I thought it would be a good and easy mystery to try.  

I need to know what I should do to use your pattern in my newsletter.  We have about 40 current people who would receive the pattern in the newsletter, some by e-mail and some by postal service.

Thank you very much.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Vickie Morden
Dixie Lee Quilt Guild Newsletter
Fredericktown, Missouri

Do you mean you want to reprint each step in your newsletter?
You don't want them to get the steps online?
That's a lot of printing to do and I'm not totally comfortable with having my entire Fat Quarter Mystery reprinted in a newsletter. is the first page.

You are free to use it, I like to have photos after it's done and post them with your Guild's name on them.

It's better to email me to talk more about this:

This site is for asking questions about quilting.
I am no longer the Quilting Guide on - I did it for 9 years, but resigned several years ago, so it's a totally different person doing the site now.

Susan Druding  

Susan Druding

Questions on all aspects of quilting are welcome: both art quilting and traditional. I have been involved with the textile arts for more than 30 years - history, technique, materials. Helping beginners as well as experienced quilters find quilting teachers and finding quilt resources on the Web is a specialty.

I am a quilter, both art and traditional. I was the Quilting Guide on (previously called The Mining Co.) for more than 8 years.
I now have my own personal quilting information site at and have many resources to help quilters, beginning to expert.

Quilting at

MA in textile design, U of Calif, Berkeley

I have shown quilts in various shows and exhibitions and won a Judge's Choice Ribbon in Houston 2000