Quilting/Sashing and stripes

Question
Hello
Q1: Have you ever made a rag quilt using sashings or stripes between the blocks?
Q2: If you did what size would it be? and would it be folded in half?
Q3: Have you ever used binding on a rag quilt?
I am trying to think of doing rag quilts in different ways.
I wish I could see some of your rag quilts.  Thank you B.

Answer
I have made a quilt with stripes between the blocks.  I just did a baby quilt and I made the stripes the same length as my squares and as wide as I liked.  I did not fold it in half.  I sewed it like a normal square, it was just a long rectangle.  I don't do binding - absolutely despise it.  I hate putting together a quilt and then having to take even more time to bind the dumb thing.  Avoiding binding is why I sew rag quilts rather than normal quilts.

If you'd like to see some of my quilts, go to this link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/audreysragquilts/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav   There are several quilts listed that I sold and one of them features a pinwheel quilt block and sashing between the blocks.

Quilting

Audrey Zohner