I have noticed there are name labels on quilts, when it was made, to whom it was made for and so on. What is the best way to make quilt labels to put on quilts ? Thank you M.

Lots of ways. Easiest is to write with a permanent fabric pen on a fabric rectangle, turning the edges under and press and then sew it onto the back.

I have a Pfaff that lets me "write" words and I have used it to label quilts as well.

Hope this helps.

Susan Druding

Susan Druding

Questions on all aspects of quilting are welcome: both art quilting and traditional. I have been involved with the textile arts for more than 30 years - history, technique, materials. Helping beginners as well as experienced quilters find quilting teachers and finding quilt resources on the Web is a specialty.

I am a quilter, both art and traditional. I was the Quilting Guide on About.com (previously called The Mining Co.) for more than 8 years.
I now have my own personal quilting information site at www.Equilters.com and have many resources to help quilters, beginning to expert.

Quilting at About.com www.equilters.com

MA in textile design, U of Calif, Berkeley

I have shown quilts in various shows and exhibitions and won a Judge's Choice Ribbon in Houston 2000