Quilting/Julie, what would you value this quilt? How old is it?

My quilt
My quilt  
QUESTION: Hello, I bought this beautiful quilt at a garage sale. I have never seen a pattern like this. Can you advise me on what this pattern is called? It is hand sewn and in perfect condition.

Heavenly Stars
Heavenly Stars  
ANSWER: Hi Susie,  

OKAY, so I looked it up in Barbara Brackman's "Encyclopedia of Pieced Patterns," a trusted resource.  It is Brackman # 3801, and has several names:  Stars and Cubes, Heavenly stars, Captive Beauty.  

All best, Julie Silber

QUESTION: How old is this and what is it worth please

ANSWER: Hi again,

Hard to estimate the date -- but from what i can see, it looks
like circa 1900.  Maybe 1910.

I can not guess what your quilt is worth without seeing it.  There
are so many variables and things to be considered in determining
value.  I am an appraiser of antique quilt, but I can't work from

Where are you.  Maybe I know someone near by you could check

QUESTION: Thank you Julie, I am in Minneapolis.

Hi again,

I looked in the directory for an organization I belong to -- to see if I knew anyone near you who could help.

I'm sorry -- I don't recognize any of the MN folks.

Good luck with your quilt.  Sorry I can not be of more help.

Julie Silber

I can speak to the age, design, style, region, history, and value of antique quilts.

Forty years as an appraiser, dealer, historian, collector, consultant and museum curator in the area of QUILTS MADE BEFORE 1950.

American Quilt Study Group (former Board Member); Alliance for the American Quilt (Former Board Member)

Author or co-author of several award winning books on Quilt History; numerous articles on quilt history published over a 30 year period. Details upon request.

B.A., American History, University of Michigan; Post Graduate courses in folklore, history and art history

Esprit de Corp., San Francisco; Levi Strauss, San Francisco; Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn, MI; Oregon Historical Society, Portland, OR