Quilting/stripes between blocks

Question
Hello
Have you ever done stripes of fabric between each block?? Is it done for regular quilts only?
Instead of sewing two blocks tog, you put a two inch piece of fabric between the blocks, can this be done in rag quilting?
Thank you Bren

Answer
You could totally do it - it's just like another block, but a rectangle shape.  Make sure you add the seam allowance to each side and sew the X if you're using poly batting.  Otherwise, it's just the same as your regular square blocks.  

Here's a link to a quilt I made with strips between blocks: https://www.etsy.com/listing/9425073/3d-pinwheel-rag-quilt-lap-quilt-size?ref=shop_home_active_8

Quilting

Audrey Zohner