RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats/COOLING COIL MATERIAL

Question
I AM BUILDING A DUMAS DEEP VEE 60 AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANY WATER COOLED .60 SIZE ENGINES. I DO HAVE A SUPER TIGER 60 FROM AN OLD AIRPLANE (OLD AS IN CRASHED) SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT MATER-
IAL SHOULD I USE TO MAKE A COOLING COIL. I HAVE A FEW THREE FOOT LENGTHS OF BRASS TUBING, WOULD THE BRASS BE SUITABLE? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.
         KEN GORTON

Answer
HI KEN.
YES YOU COULD USE THE BRASS TUBE FOR THE COOLING OF THE HEAD AND BARREL OF THE ENGINE BUT IT WOULD BE BEST TO ANNEAL THE TUBE FIRST -SOFTEN IT BY FLAME  FIND A OLD PEACE OF STEEL TUBE THE SAME SIZE AS THE ENGINE OF A BIT SMALLER AND BEND THE TUBE ROUND THIS FIRST WHEN ITS COOLED.
MAKE AS MANY TURNS AS YOU CAN!TUBE SHOULD BE ABOUT 1/16-1/8 INTERNALY.
THIS SHOULD DO THE TRICK BUT IF NOT THE ENGINE COULD OVER HEAT AND STOP WHEN IT IS OUT OF REACH FROM YOU OFCOURSE.
FRANKLY I SHOULD KEEP LOOKING FOR A MARINE ENGINE THERE HUNDREDS OUT THERE .
REGARDS
MARTIN

RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats

Martin Seymour