RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats/airplane covering

Hi Ken
what to do when some of the covering is peeled back off the balsa
and it has some balsa fibers stuck to the back of the covering and the adhesion seems gone ?
Thanks in advance

Hi Dan,

Peeling is somewhat common on glow powered planes.  If it is a glow powered plane, clean the wood using Texize K2R Spot Lifter.  Remove the old covering that is not 'sticking' and iron on a patch.  

Use the K2R outside.  Let dry.  Brush off with a paint brush and continue until the wood shows no signs of oil anymore.

Hope this helps,

RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats

Ken Myers

I can answer beginning, advanced and expert questions about electrically powered R/C model aircraft, and many questions about R/C model aircraft of all types, except helicopters. I`ve been building, flying and designing R/C model aircraft for 40 years.

I have been building and flying radio controlled model aircraft since 1960. I'm the president of the Electric Flyers Only, Inc., located in southeasten Michigan. I'm a past president of the National Electric Aircraft Council. I'm vice-president of the Midwest R/C Society. I was president and main founder of the UFO (Union Lake Flying Organization). I've built and flown most types of model aircraft except helicopters.