RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats/fuel

can i use tiki torch fuel in a older air plane moter?

Hi Jeremy,
         I wouldn't use tiki torch fuel as a alternate fuel for Rc engines which may cause internal engine damage. Nitro fuel is comprised of three parts: oil, methanol and nitro methane. These are the common elements, though individual manufacturers may add their own additito the mix to solve common problems the fuel has, including corrosion inside of the engine and the prevention of the fuel foaming. Nitro gas fuel of eight to 12% should be used in RC gas engines. Fuels that have a higher oil content, (15% or more) actually hurt the engine by reducing performance. Higher oil percentages can add additional stress to the engine, causing it to struggle to get a quicker acceleration and throttle response. This can result in the engine becoming sluggish when attempting to accelerate; leaving a residual film in the engine with loose particles and shorten the life of the part. In the end, higher oil content does not make the engine more responsive and can instead lead to overheating and shorter shelf life.This gas primarily gets its energy from methanol, which in the past was derived from distilled wood but is now typically drawn from natural gas. It's the most dominant ingredient in the  fuel and has a naturally cooling effect that cools both the intake air and the fuel mix itself, meaning more oxygen and enhanced power. Methanol also plays a part. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone

RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats

James Crocker

I can answer most beginner questions about electrically and gas powered R/C model airplanes(except helicopters)that deals with problems in the air flying or even on takeoff using fundamentals and training methods. I can help explain most basic ground and flight school tips to help others gain more experience on how to fly R/C model airplanes. Iíve been flying for 11 years and taught over ten others to fly.

Iíve been flying since 1998 and have experience flying all types of electrically and gas powered R/C model airplanes except helicopters. I have skills as an instructor to teach others to become confident R/C pilots. Iíve design homebuilt R/C airplanes and made many successful test flights. Iím actually a pilot for over 5 years and I understand the aerodynamic forces and have different training methods that I use to make flying easier and understandable for R/C pilots. Iíve helped over ten others to accomplish their goal flying R/C model airplanes.

Pilot Licenses