RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats/changing batterys on rc boat

I have a 6v10ah battery in my bait boat at the moment big rectangle 2kg one and was wondering if I can get a battery pack 7.2v 3000ma and resistor to run a motor(1 for each motor)think the motors are 3v and how long would they last~???

You would be better to replace the batteries with 6v NiMH packs, not 7.2v packs. They often register over 8v when fully charged.
Just make sure you use a NiMH charger and wire the batteries in the same way as the original ones and it should be fine.
10Ah is 10'000 MaH, but with the quality of NiMH packs you may find that just half of the original capacity gives the same amount of useable run time.
If you battery is 2kg, then I would suggest using a few 6v NiMH packs in parallel as a battery of that size is likely to be putting out quite a few amps, and a small NiMH pack probably won't be able to do that.
hope this helps

RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats

Robin Bartlett

I Can answer most RC car and boat based questions, whether they be about engine tuning, electronics, making the right choice of equipment/car, mechanical issues, or how to set up a car or truck for different conditions. I can also answer basic boating questions and beginner to intermediate airplane questions.

I have been Driving RC cars since the age of 1. I built my first RC kit at the age of 4 with my father, and the hobby grew from there. I am also an amateur RC plane pilot. I am a seasoned Monster Truck racer, appearing regularly at shows in france and switzerland. I usually compete in 1/8 buggy classes, short course classes and MT classes. But im a basher at heart. I have also been boating for nearly 5 years, running Brushless offshore catamarans and deep-vees mainly, but at a beginner/intermediate level.

"Mini-Monster-Club-Romand" - local swiss forum "Centralemaxx" - large french forum, dedicated to Traxxas's Maxx series of cars

I give advice and tips on RCuniverse, BeatYourTruck, RC-Monster, and several others. I Have been a test driver for RCRacingCars magazine, test drove a "Tamiya TT-01D" in 2005 and a "Traxxas Rustler" in 2006.

I have had private schooling all of my life, currently taking IGCSE's. I have an "A+" in IGCSE French, an "A" in IGCSE English

I have won 6 short course races in the last year: Modified and Stock class. I have previously won club races in Electric TC stock class. I came second in a local club's 1/8 buggy class- won a Savage Flux from HPI Racing

I run my own repair service, advertising in 3 of my local hobby shops and online on a small ads website. I usually get around five to six cars per week in the summer for repairs, and one or two during the winter