RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats/FAA Drone registration

QUESTION: Ken I had been an avid RC aerobat enthusiast for many years and have gotten away from the hobby the past 3 or 4 years. I still have a couple e powered fixed wing models. Do theyfall under the Drone registration program or are they talking specifically about the wingless models marketed as "Drones"?

Sorry to say that our 'model aircraft' fall under the category of drones.  The AMA is still fighting it, but that is the way it is for now.
Register by the 19th and you'll get your money back.  It is for three years.  You are registered, not each aircraft.

QUESTION: Get my money back?

Hi Len,

If you register TODAY, Feb. 19, the last day to do this and get your money back, your credit card will be charged $5 and then they'll credit it back to you on your bill.  Just got my credit card bill on Wednesday and showed both the FAA taking the money and then a credit of $5 returning it.

It does have to be done today though, or you won't get the $5 back.

RC Model Airplanes/Cars/Boats

Ken Myers

I can answer beginning, advanced and expert questions about electrically powered R/C model aircraft, and many questions about R/C model aircraft of all types, except helicopters. I`ve been building, flying and designing R/C model aircraft for 40 years.

I have been building and flying radio controlled model aircraft since 1960. I'm the president of the Electric Flyers Only, Inc., located in southeasten Michigan. I'm a past president of the National Electric Aircraft Council. I'm vice-president of the Midwest R/C Society. I was president and main founder of the UFO (Union Lake Flying Organization). I've built and flown most types of model aircraft except helicopters.