REO Speedwagon/Gary Richrath

Hi Kathy

I was watching the Kevin Cronin and Gary Richrath video on YouTube, I guess it was from the VHI Behind the Scenes, and it showed Gary leading a horse.  As an REO fan, it's also a nice bonus to know I have something in common with my favorite band. I think I read somewhere a few years ago that their drummer Brian Hitt had gotten in a cattle roping accident many yers ago.What kind of background do these band members have with horses?

Hi Stephanie,

Gary used to live on a ranch with several horses back in the day. If you listen closely to his solo album, "Richrath," you can hear horses galloping in the background to the song "Outlaws." Gary used to frequently joke that his grandmother's nickname for Kevin Cronin was "ol' horseface."

As for REO drummer Bryan Hitt, his fingers were severely injured in a cattle roping incident 13 years ago which he feared might end his career as a drummer. Fortunately, with an excellent surgeon and intense physical rehabilitation, he fully recovered.

Thanks for a great question!

Kathy, REO FANS Pres

REO Speedwagon

History of the band, their music, lyrics, instrumentation, touring, hits, chart activities, and just about everything else in between.

President of REO FANS, the band's largest international fan club, and REO fan for over 45 years, having attended hundreds of concerts all over the world.

Editor & Publisher of REO FANS NEWS

Washburn Law School

With a 40+ year photographic history of the band, one of her photos was selected to appear on the band's 25th anniversary t-shirts. She was also featured on VH-1's "Rock Collectors," where her rock photography was displayed.