REO Speedwagon/unreleased demos

Question
Hi Kathy,
Thanks again for keeping us all up to date with REO and for all your hard work in doing so. I was listening to the unreleased demo for Hi Infidelity and was wondering if those are really the studio tracks form 81 with Gary on guitar or overdubs with Dave filling in?
V/R
Mike

Answer
Hi Mike, Are you talking about the 30th anniversary edition of Hi Infidelity? If so, the 9 songs on the second CD are all supposed to be previously unreleased live studio demos with Gary. At least that's how the band marketed this release. Based on some bootleg copies of these demos that have been floating around for decades, some fans have seriously questioned the authenticity. I really have no way to verify, except to take the band 's word. --Kathy

REO Speedwagon

Kathy