REO Speedwagon/KC's leadership

Hi Kathy,
I was curious at what point did Kevin become the leader of REO and make the decision to kick Gary out. By all accounts, Kevin had just as many problems as Gary. I just saw the You Tube clip of them reuniting and playing RTSO. Will there be more reunions or was this just a one time thing? I think the fans would be overjoyed to have Gary back! Also when is your book coming out?
Thanks for all you do keeping us informed

Hi Mike: A few years ago, I detailed the split between Cronin and Richrath which led to Gary's removal from the band here:

Gary's recent "reunion" gig at a fund raising concert to assist Peoria residents ravaged by a tornado only happened because it was Gary's hometown. Quite a few fans told me they were prepared to boo Cronin off the stage if Gary wasn't allowed to appear. Gary did play, but it was a last minute thing, right down to the wire, as to whether or not Cronin would "allow" him onstage. Although Gary amply demonstrated he's never lost his chops, I sincerely doubt there will be other opportunities to hear the live Richrath "chirp" with REO.

Thanks for asking about my book! As you probably know, it's a work in progress, and new "blasts from the past" keep cropping up that require further fact checking and investigation. Remember, it took VH-1 more than 200 hours of on-camera footage to try to get to the bottom of REO's history in their "Behind the Music" program. In many ways, they only scratched the surface! -- Kathy, REO FANS Prez

REO Speedwagon

History of the band, their music, lyrics, instrumentation, touring, hits, chart activities, and just about everything else in between.

President of REO FANS, the band's largest international fan club, and REO fan for over 45 years, having attended hundreds of concerts all over the world.

Editor & Publisher of REO FANS NEWS

Washburn Law School

With a 40+ year photographic history of the band, one of her photos was selected to appear on the band's 25th anniversary t-shirts. She was also featured on VH-1's "Rock Collectors," where her rock photography was displayed.