RV Repair/2004 TRAIL LITE M8307S

Chris wrote at 2008-04-23 17:42:53
I just purchased a 2001 trail lite 8240 and for the live of me I can't find the fresh water tank drain valve. Under trailer is completely sealed and the only thing under the couch were the tank is located is the hose going to the tank. I really want to flush the tank before using it, however, I first need to locate the drain valve. Towards the rear of the trailer there are 2 hoses (one white and the other red Im assuming ones for cold water and the other is for hot) which are capped. I thought maybe that was the drain, however, when I put some water in the fresh water tank and took the caps off, very little water came out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Podpea wrote at 2008-05-09 21:34:03
The tiny valve (plastic faucet) to drain the fresh water tank is on the tank under the front curbside corner of the coach.  Look under the front of the camper just to the rear of the junction where the right side of your triangle front hitch meets the front support for the trailer.  I usually do it be feel because you almost have to lie down to see it.  One quarter turn is all it takes from full open to closed.

Jennhair wrote at 2016-05-26 20:57:46
OMG thank you so much, I have owned my trailer for four years now, and being a mom of two boys and single, I could not afford to take it into a shop to have it looked at. I have been searching for this drain for years. I finally googled it again today and found your answer. Thank you so much ! Happy Mama.

RV Repair

THOM FORSYTHE