Rabbits/bunny abscess burst

Anna wrote at 2015-01-03 19:25:40
I have sen what you wrote janelle I am in the same situation. And I would like your help of getting this drug. My bunnies abscess is getting larger every day and I'm afraid of what to do and I also cannot afford the surgery.  Please answer as quickly as you can  thank you!!

Randy Atkinson

I can answer virtually any question on rabbits regarding health, behavior or nutrition. My specialties are issues related to GI problems, issues related to head tilt (wry neck), advanced treatment of severe infections (abscesses) and treatment of E Cuniculi infections. As a rescue, I am unable to answer questions related directly to breeding

I have been rescuing domestic rabbits for many years. Our rescue has evolved into a "special needs" rescue. We are not an adoption shelter and rarely adopt from here. We are a true rescue and take the most difficult cases. We have a high degree of medical ability here and work to develop new protocols for treating rabbits. I am also a licensed wildlife rehabilitator with a specialty in wild rabbits. Our rescue also accepts all domestic small mammals and birds and we treat any wildlife that can be legally treated in this state. We work with many of the top exotic veterinarians in the state.

No formal training. Our work started with a single rabbit that we rescued. She was very sick. We quickly found out that there are very few vets that can properly treat rabbits so I made it my mission to learn as much as possible so I could help needy rabbits. Residents of our rescue are now called upon to help train senior vet students at a nearby veterinary school. You can check out some of our "staff" and read their stories by visiting our web site at . We have rescued hundreds of domestic rabbits and literally thousands of wildlife species. While I have no formal education, I do have years of "real world" experience to the point that vets call me asking for consultation for their's quite an honor for me personally.