Rabbits/cleaning rabbit's stained feet

Lil' Dutch Rabbitry wrote at 2010-02-05 20:17:33
I completley disagree with this!!! Rabbit showing is a wonderful hobby and community. This persons logic is like saying that you shouldn't leave your house because you might be exposed to germs. As a nationally competive breeder I can tell you that my rabbits are very healthy and have suffered no ill effects from showing. I do take precautions and don't take very young bunnied to shows. Older animals are carefully monitored and sometimes given vitamins/ electrolytes to help with stress at large shows. The biggest thing you can do is bring your own food and water with you. The fastest way to put a rabbit off feed is change it's water.

As for your question, there are waterless shampoos made for horses and dogs that work great. Bucks can be messy, so this is useful for non-showers as well.

bugsy wrote at 2013-05-20 14:10:58
what a load of rubbish. i show rabbits around the country on a regular basis. there are many cleanind aids you can use to keep the rabbits feet clean. the easieast is to maintain a cleane hutch with clean shavings . i am sure both you and your rabbit will enjoy the show.

Amanda wrote at 2014-07-28 17:47:57
You can clean their feet with some peroxide. :)  

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.