Rabbits/Is my rabbit sheding or has some other problem?

A. wrote at 2013-02-16 21:31:07

I'm sorry, but I have to step in here. That answer is entirely wrong, Lisa L., and while it might be too late for the original asker I hope anyone who finds this doesn't believe what you said. Rabbits are NOT solitary animals. It is RECOMMENDED that they be kept in male-female pairs (ideally neutered so they don't breed). A male is not going to kill a female - that's beyond ridiculous - and if they were fighting you would see it, they would both have signs, and there would be scratches or bite marks, not bald spots. Your rabbit was likely suffering from a mite infestation or skin disease and would require treatment by a rabbit-savvy veterinarian.  

Rabbits

Lisa L.

I was introduced to meat rabbits at the age of 3. Began working with them on my own at the age of 8 and started my own large commercial rabbitry at the age of 20. I'm 46 now and for the past 26 years I have owned a large herd of meat rabbits and have become well known as the turn-to person whenever a problem arrises.

Member of the American Rabbit Breeders Association. Member of the Rabbit Industry Council. Member of the Yahoo - Meat Rabbits Group. Member of the American Council of Animal Naturopathy. Administrators of the FaceBook "Rabbit's as meat" group. Owner of Yahoo - Raising Meat Rabbit's for maximum yield group

Yahoo Meat Rabbits Group. www.rabbitzinger.com American Council of Animal Naturopathy www.raisingrabbits.com FaceBook "Rabbit's as meat" group. Owner of Yahoo - Raising Meat Rabbit's for maximum yield group

There is no formal training for raising rabbits; its all hands on. I have had a steady rabbit breeding operation for 24 years and have read every book there is on raising rabbits for meat. Additionally, I am a member of several rabbit groups and associations as listed below.

None - there are none in this field.

I have helped countless people over the past several decades. These have been people I knew personally or those referred to me by one of the many rabbit organizations I belong to.