Rabbits/rabbit ineraction

I have a 3 yr old male domestic rabbit that is very friendly and spoiled, my wife thought he needed a friend,so my neighbor had some wild domestic rabbits, we caught one, it was a female. I put her in his house which is a 15'x15' log shed,when I turned her loose he turned into a little freak, trying to bite at me and the new bunny,she ran down a hole that he has dug that is about 4-5 ft. deep.She has disappeared for 3 days. My question is would of he killed her?

Hi Bill,

There is a good possibility that he may have killed her.  You can't just put 2 rabbits together.  They need to be properly bonded and they both need to be spayed and neutered.  You can read about bonding here:

Good luck

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.