Rabbits/Color crossing

Question
My sons have a Harlenquin mini Rex doe and Broken black mini Rex buck who won his class, best fur and Best if Show. My question is, are these color patterns compatible? Would it be okay to breed them? Thank you for your time and advice.
Teresa

Answer
Hello there.
the answer to your question is complicated..
You can breed them but the result may give you tri-color brokens. If not the 1st generation but the next,  If this is what you want I would  that is good but I  would stay away from that pairing

Rabbits

Dan Vallo

I have been raising Rabbits for over 25 Years and have raised all the breeds mentioned above along with a few others. I have been a member of the ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Accociation) www.arba.net since 1985.I currently have a 1300 sqft barn that is Heated and colled to maintain 7o degrees all year long. We show our rabbits all over The USA and have been in the top ten breeders during the last 5 years in several different breeds.

ARBA. NM State Rabbit and Cavy Breeders, American Checkered Giant Rabbit Club, Southwest Checkered Giant RC, Champagne De` Argent RC, National Polish RC, Sandoval County Livestock commitee.

ACGRC Bulletin, CDARF monthly news bulletin,

I Worked with a vet for several Years.

top ten rabbit breeder Checkered Giant rabbit club. #1st sweepstake winner Champagne Rabbit club 2007, #10 in 2006 top 15 in 2005,Ranked # 4 in points standings for 2008. Top points standing in New Mexico for Champagne de`Argent & Checkered giant rabbbits past 5 years