Rabbits/Bonding Behavior

Question
I have a male Dutch Rabbit about MO old that has been neutered. My question is when I am rubbing on and positively interacting with my rabbit he will sometimes go behind my back and nip at my clothes or scratch at my arm or leg. Does this have to do with happiness or is my rabbit telling me he is done with the interaction session?

Happy with my bunny but new to house rabbit parenting.

Answer
Dear Sherry,

If your bunny wanted to be left alone, he'd run away.  He's very likely just playing with you by nipping and scrabbling.  

For all the best information on interacting with and caring for your new pal, please go to:

http://www.rabbit.org/

Hope you have many years of love and fun with your bunny!

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.