Rabbits/My female 4 month old rabbit continuosly urinates only on me

Question
I have a female rabbit. My boyfriend and I have had her since she was six weeks old. She is very lovable very sweet and also stubborn. She follows me around and lays in my lap on her back all of the time. I am crazy about her but for some reason she pees on me at least twice a day. she will literally get on my lap to pee. she also pees on my clothes and on my side of the bed. what can i do?????

Answer
Hi Jennifer,

Is she spayed?  Sometimes rabbits that are not fixed will urinate on certain things to claim them as their own.  About the only thing you can do is have her fixed and confine her to her cage until she is completely litter trained.

I wish there was a simple answer but honestly this is not an easy fix.

Good luck

Pam

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.