I live in Winnipeg Manitoba.
There is a family of wild rabbits that live under a shipping contaner next door and its minus 26C and I see them running around in my yard.How do they servive in such cold temps.They have been there for a few years.I don't understant at these cold temps how they servive.

Hello there.
Your concern is shared by many people in the colder climates.
However rabbits by nature are adapted to the bitter cold ,
You see rabbits dig burrows. & live in the ground which can stay at a temp. Of about 45 degrees f. This is why they do well way up north.
I hope you enjoy watching them.
Have fun.

Dan Vallo

I have been raising Rabbits for over 25 Years and have raised all the breeds mentioned above along with a few others. I have been a member of the ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Accociation) www.arba.net since 1985.I currently have a 1300 sqft barn that is Heated and colled to maintain 7o degrees all year long. We show our rabbits all over The USA and have been in the top ten breeders during the last 5 years in several different breeds.

ARBA. NM State Rabbit and Cavy Breeders, American Checkered Giant Rabbit Club, Southwest Checkered Giant RC, Champagne De` Argent RC, National Polish RC, Sandoval County Livestock commitee.

ACGRC Bulletin, CDARF monthly news bulletin,

I Worked with a vet for several Years.

top ten rabbit breeder Checkered Giant rabbit club. #1st sweepstake winner Champagne Rabbit club 2007, #10 in 2006 top 15 in 2005,Ranked # 4 in points standings for 2008. Top points standing in New Mexico for Champagne de`Argent & Checkered giant rabbbits past 5 years