Rabbits/Urgent- Rabbit with head tilt (Rolling) , no longer repsonding to treatment (follow up)

Question
HI Dana,

In response to your previous email the vet is treating Benie with .6ml of Depocillin twice weekly . Benie weighs about 2.41 Kg

Thanks

Paul

Answer
Dear Paul,

Twice weekly may still be too far apart.  It is truly recommended to be given every 48 hours, lest you lose your therapeutic tissue levels and start to select resistant bacteria.  This is critical if there is an active infection, which your bunny may have.

Our vets would dose a bunny Benie's size with 0.4 - 0.5ml (if the suspension is the standard 300,000IU/ml) every 48 hours.  

I hope your bunny will be well soon.

Dana  

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.