Rabbits/stye on rabbit lower eyelid

Question
My bunny is 3 years old. Yesterday I noticed a stye like thing on her lower eyelid. It didn't get any bigger since yesterday. I will take her to the vet if it gets worse but would like to get some advice on it. Is it something serious? Thank you very much!

Answer
Hi Milly

Sorry to hear about your bun. This could be a number of things and I would go to the vet asap rather than waiting. It could be a sty, it could be an insect bite, it could be an infection, it could be an abscess. Myxomatosis also can manifest as lumps around the eyes.

So I would recommend going to the vet asap rather than waiting it out. Better to do that than wait until it's beyond treatment, or just being told its nothing to worry about!

Good luck!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat