Rabbits/What does my rabbit action means?

Hi! I have this bunny for one month now and I can feel that he is getting more and more comfortable with me (for example he will follow me around, climb onto my leg or head rest on my leg everytime I gave he treats and fresh veggies, nudge for pet, and purr whenever I pet it.) however, yesterday as he was sneezing and have nose discharge, worrying it might be snuffles, I brought it to the vet and after that, I have medications to give him. Asy bunny don't like to be carried, he will struggle a lot whenever I have to give him medicine. He will be calmer after petting. Then, today, after giving him medications, he smell, lick my hand and slightly bite on my finger. Does he hate me now?

Hi sorry for the delay in reply.

I hope he's feeling better now? When I need to give mine medication I get someone else to hold them, with the bunny wrapped up snug in a blanket. Am doing this at the moment with one of mine and you getting licked and a gentle nibble is grooming behaviour and a good thing! All I get is the threat of being viciously bitten and a massive stomp of disapproval haha!

Hope I helped a little?

I can answer questions around the welfare of pet rabbits, basic health queries including gut stasis, diet worries, bonding questions and the proper welfare standards around housing rabbits (i.e. no wire floors, no small cages and they should be kept in properly bonded de-sexed pairs in very large enclosures). I cannot answer showing questions nor complex breeding issues as I do not agree with either, seeing the other end of the story in the world of rabbit rescue.

I have two 7 year old rescue rabbits and volunteer for a well established rabbit rescue here in the UK, both physically doing cleaning out etc and I am also their events and awareness co-oordinator, helping educate the general public on proper rabbit keeping, this means I have to ensure all information I give is correct and matches current welfare standards.

I belong to the RWAF (Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund) and volunteer for a major rabbit rescue.

I have no formal education on this subject, however read everything I can to keep up to date with current welfare standards and health problems. Both my rabbits have sensitive guts and constantly keep me on my toes.