Rabbits/Scabbing around mouth/possible mouth infection?

Catherine wrote at 2013-02-25 17:07:35
I actually do take him to one of the vets suggested from that list and have been going to the same vet for years now (with my previous bun too).

The scabbing has all but disappeared. It initially started on one side, went away, and came back on the other side (which was this time around). The original side it appeared on has no problems currently. The vet prescribed Baytril (because of the watery eye) in addition to the wipes and cream we had from last time.

The vet did check his teeth, as that was a concern of his, and said they were healthy. However, is it true that in order to do a thorough exam of the back teeth that he needs to be sedated? I thought I read this somewhere but am not sure. The vet only examined Bubbles when he was awake and did look at front and back teeth.  

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.