Rabbits/Paula again re:baby bunny's teeth

Question
Hi Dana, I rechecked the 1 baby again &compared to the other 2.
The area that you were very concerned about being broken, do you mean that tiny triangular bit of flesh that comes from the gum & goes part way up between the bottom incisors? If so, I checked quite a bit & compared with other 2 babies & it looks intact.
The teeth at least were sitting straight, could THAT make a positive difference?
Hope to hear from you soon

Can a baby have children's IBUPROFEN?

Answer
Dear Paula,

If the bottom incisors are solidly attached and not wobbling at all, that is a very good sign.  From your initial description, it sounded as if the jaw bone underneath the area you're describing (the gums) might be broken.

But if the teeth are not wiggling, things might be fine.  Still, if in doubt, have a good vet take a look.  That is always the safest bet, since I'm not able to see in person.  A vet is.

No ibuprofen.  Some drugs that are fine for humans and other animals can be deadly to other species because of differences in metabolism.  If the baby seems to be in pain, he *really* needs to be seen by a vet.  Do not put this off if the baby is not able to eat correctly or seems uncomfortable.

There is only so much I can do via the internet.  One of them is to recommend a visit to the vet if you are not absolutely sure the baby is okay.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.