Rabbits/My son dropped my bunny by accident and now she cant stand she falls what should I do?

Question
When my son was holding my 6 year old bunny he dropped her by accident and from then she could not stand she keeps falling but she is eating drinking well. Due to my back injury I can't take her to the vet please try to help me what should I do? For now I have given her panodaol pain killer when I hold her there is no pain she is normal and she is trying to walk but she falls.

Is there anything I can do for her at home?

Answer
Hi Samantha,

The bunny needs to see a vet.  If you can't afford a vet I strongly suggest that you surrender her to a rescue that can.  When a rabbit falls over it is a sign of a neurological problem.  This is very stressful to a rabbit and without proper care she will suffer immensely.  Please do the best you can to get her to a vet.  There is nothing you can do at home without a proper diagnosis.

Pam

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.