Rabbits/Problem with rabbit after having his teeth rasped.

Question
Hello, I have a 3 year old, giant English lop rabbit called Alfie.
My rabbit had issues eating and we took him to two different vets to get an opinion. They both said he needed his back teeth rasped so yesterday he had his op at 12pm.
At 3pm, we brought him back and he was very sleepy as expected. At 9pm,  he still had not eaten or drank anything so we took him to the emergency vets. They looked him over and gave him two injections to try to make him eat.
I was up all last night watching him and he didnt eat at all. This morning he has had half a grape however and drinking a lot but it's coming straight back out and he's weeing straight after he drinks.
   He seems okay in himself and is a bit brighter but it's now been 24 hours since the operation and he's still not eating that much. And he just still wants to sleep a bit.
I don't want to take him to the vet again as after being 4 times in just one week I don't want to stress him out any further.
Thank you in advance!
Sasha

Answer
Hello Sasha.
Rabbits are sometimes slow to eat after procedures.
I would offer him some banana or yogurt this may help with his appetite.
Even trying a small eye dropper to get the yogurt in his mouth.
The fact he is drinking is good.
Give him another day & see how he is doing.
Good luck.

Rabbits

Dan Vallo

I have been raising Rabbits for over 25 Years and have raised all the breeds mentioned above along with a few others. I have been a member of the ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Accociation) www.arba.net since 1985.I currently have a 1300 sqft barn that is Heated and colled to maintain 7o degrees all year long. We show our rabbits all over The USA and have been in the top ten breeders during the last 5 years in several different breeds.

ARBA. NM State Rabbit and Cavy Breeders, American Checkered Giant Rabbit Club, Southwest Checkered Giant RC, Champagne De` Argent RC, National Polish RC, Sandoval County Livestock commitee.

ACGRC Bulletin, CDARF monthly news bulletin,

I Worked with a vet for several Years.

top ten rabbit breeder Checkered Giant rabbit club. #1st sweepstake winner Champagne Rabbit club 2007, #10 in 2006 top 15 in 2005,Ranked # 4 in points standings for 2008. Top points standing in New Mexico for Champagne de`Argent & Checkered giant rabbbits past 5 years