Rabbits/Is my rabbit really expecting?

Question
Your question: "I have a couple of french angora rabbits 8 months old, i seprated them at the age of 5 az told be doctor ... She showed some pregnancy symtoms like agression and pulling fur ... But she didnt gave birth to any kit & i came to knw about false pregnancy ......."
I put them together again for more then 10 dayz and seperated a month ago ... She started pulling fur 5 dayz ago but no delivery till now .... Can this also be false pregnancy ?? Please help

Answer

I am having a hard time understanding all of your question but I see that you are from India so I will attempt to help you.

When you are breeding rabbits you need to take the doe to the bucks cage and put them together.  You watch them and if he does his job he will fall over.  Sometimes they curl up in a ball and sometimes they make a squealing noise.  After that you separate them.  You should not leave 2 rabbits together unless they are spayed/neutered and properly bonded.  If they were left together her due date could be anywhere from 28 - 32 days from the day you put them together.  If they were housed in the same cage for 2 weeks you have to add 2 weeks on to that.  There is no way to tell if she is going to have babies and all you can do is put a nest box in and wait.  Had you only left them together for a short time you would know that after 32 days if there were no babies then they could be rebred.

Do you know anyone that breeds rabbits on a regular basis for a farm or for show rabbits?  Most people that breed all the time for commercial purposes know how to palpate does.  You should see if you could get someone to teach you.  It makes it a lot easier to know if they are bred or not.  There is no point looking at web-sites to learn how to palpate you really have to get your hands on a pregnant rabbit to know what to feel for.

I wish I had a better answer for you.  

Good luck

Pam

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.