Rabbits/Rabbit Seizures?

Question
Heelloo
I have a pure white blue eyed female rabbit who has given birth to three kits, They're about three days old now and are eating well and going to the bathroom well its not runny or smelly. But I've noticed something wrong with one of them. When I take them all out of the nesting box to check on them which I do at least once a day when I have new kits.. Two move around alot and crawl and all that but the third one just kinda rolls around and "Paddles" its paws and sometimes it'll squeak or scream? loudly and open its mouth like it can't get air then it'll look like it has stopped breathing. When I pick it up when that happens its whole body is verryy stiff and clearish kinda foamy liquid comes from its mouth I'm not sure if its milk or spit or what But I clear out its mouth with a snotter and after about 30 secs the whole thing is over.
I don't know whats wrong with it, I've never had this problem with a kit before. Will get grow out of it?  Is it a kind of seizure?
I've heard that white blue eyed rabbits can get epilepsy and that also lops can.
I'd take it to a vet but no vets here have any idea how to work with rabbits and small rodents.
If you've heard of this. know what it is how to stop it?
Anything would be great
Thanks so much! :)

Answer
Dear Myah,

It sounds as if this baby has a congenital problem, but the nature of the problem is anyone's guess without an in-person exam by a veterinarian.  Try the list linked here to find a vet near you:

http://www.rabbit.org/vets

It could be the baby has problems swallowing and is aspirating milk.  Or it could be some neurological problem causing seizures, as you suggest.  But there's no way I can diagnose this without seeing it, so I'd recommend you try to find a good rabbit vet who can examine the baby and see if there are any clear physical signs of problem.

Sorry I can't help as much as I'd like.  Please also  read:

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/breeding.html

Hope this helps.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.