Rabbits/Skin issue?

We have a Flemish Giant Rabbit and she has been chewing on one spot on her stomach. It looks very much like psoriasis. It is round in shape with a fur patch near the middle. She has scabs from where shes been biting at it. She has been tested for mange and doesn't have this. We have taken her to the vet and he says it is probably an allergy or a skin condition but he also said he rarely works with rabbits. We're confused as to what to do. It obviously bothers her.

Rub some baby oil on the area.it sounds like a wring worm.....just put iodine on it and ask your vet about bacteria med cream he should prescribed you with something for her but until then a little baby oil will help relieve some itch the scabs could use a little healing ointment that you use for cuts and scabs.wash it BEFORE you put the baby oil on.wash it with warm water and a little mild soap such as hand soap and rinse.then apply baby oil and some healing ointment for the scabs.your vet SHOULD KNOW OF SOME BACTERIA KILLING CREAM TO HELP CLEAR IT UP IN 2-6 WEEKS!:) remember though just the smallest smidge of iodine like a period dot.

I can answer all your rabbit question from teeth grinding to why your bunny sleeps at a certain time!ask breeding questions and eating questions or simply why your bunny licks you!i know rabbit language and noises and i am also a vet so medical questions i will answer as well!just any question i will answer so expect the best!

I've owned over 80 bunnies and currently have twin bunnies sasha and sushi.i have been studying bunnies since i was 3 so expect the best answer you can get.I can recommend vets homemade recipes and well just about anything you need.i have been currently breeding rabbits so ask questions about that as well!i know plenty of rabbit knowledge and am ready to share it!

I am in the following:the HRS. the rabbit welfare society. The ASCPA the no animal hungry vet school support dog training animal school the healthy pet Save the animal almost all adoption centers for animals in my area.

I'm a vet my very own building and I've studied rabbits all my life.I only give the BEST answer and my patients say all of there animals pulled through.my slogan is "never let them die".What that means is even when your pet is totally dead i will still work to make them have breath again!i have my doctor degree.

None yet!but very good compliments.I'm only a small town vet!

Past clients are:ponco,coca,Lola,Mickey,David,skater, and just to many to count!(all of them are rabbits I've treated over 1000 rabbits!)