Rabbits/My Sweet Pet Rabbit

My male pet rabbit is having trouble with keeping sticky stool from forming in a hard ball hanging on his anal and genitals (testees) I try to soak and wash the stool off but his area there is very swollen. what is going on and why is this happening and please tell me what to do to stop this stool from gathering around his genital area . This last time he acts like it is hurting him and looks very anger. Help me fix this and tell me what to do or not what I doing wrong.   Sherry in Charlotte

Hello Sherry
I would stop feeding you rabbit all pellets,greens,treats,anything that could soften his stool.
Only give dry thimothy grass. Or dry Hay.
Do this for a week or two. This may help..give lots of clean water.
Keep the area cleaned up with warm water.
Good luck

Dan Vallo

I have been raising Rabbits for over 25 Years and have raised all the breeds mentioned above along with a few others. I have been a member of the ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Accociation) since 1985.I currently have a 1300 sqft barn that is Heated and colled to maintain 7o degrees all year long. We show our rabbits all over The USA and have been in the top ten breeders during the last 5 years in several different breeds.

ARBA. NM State Rabbit and Cavy Breeders, American Checkered Giant Rabbit Club, Southwest Checkered Giant RC, Champagne De` Argent RC, National Polish RC, Sandoval County Livestock commitee.

ACGRC Bulletin, CDARF monthly news bulletin,

I Worked with a vet for several Years.

top ten rabbit breeder Checkered Giant rabbit club. #1st sweepstake winner Champagne Rabbit club 2007, #10 in 2006 top 15 in 2005,Ranked # 4 in points standings for 2008. Top points standing in New Mexico for Champagne de`Argent & Checkered giant rabbbits past 5 years