Rabbits/very bad abcess

I have a dwarf mini-lop that was bitten by our cat under his chin and developed an abcess. This is under his eye down to under his entire chin. We took him to a vet as soon as we noticed it. It was lanced with not much coming out, given Baytril to be given 2x a day and an eye drop as he has puss there as well. We treated for a week and took him back for a re-check with it looking worse. She lanced again still not getting much out and told us to try milking it out for a couple of days then bring him back again. This "milking" of his chin did not work and while doing this pus came out of his eye we then decided to go to our regular vet in our town the next day. Our vet surgically removed the dead tissue and cleaned out the entire wound. She stated this is the worst abcess she had ever seen. This has all happened in 2 weeks, a quarter size abcess to a now open hole/tunnel running from under his eye to under his entire chin, a total wound of about 3 inches, an inch wide and a good 1/2 inch deep. For the past 2 days we have continued to give him his meds and flush the wound with saline. It now looks like the pasty infection is coming back in the chin area. Is there anything else we can do at home to prevent this? Such as a topical antibiotic cream/spray or an antibiotic cleaner to flush it, actually somehow cleaning it out - probably would need a sedation of some sort if possible? Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated, we now have over $300 into this, no more to spend and don't want to lose him.  Please help!!

Triple antibiotic ointment can really help with the infection and clear it up in about a couple days at the most.Because its such a deep woundi suggest you get stitches.if its out of your budget for stitches,then consider buying a skin repair ointment which can mend is skin back together.he's proably in a lot of pain,and to soothe him light some lavender oil and have him drink chamomile tea.
the pus needs to be left alone so it can help with the bad bacteria,the "milking" process your vet said to do only made matters more painful for him by braking even more valuable skin tissues!

Because its going to burn very badly for the next day or so,make sure something soft is on his wound to help prevent discomfort.

best bunny wishes!

I can answer all your rabbit question from teeth grinding to why your bunny sleeps at a certain time!ask breeding questions and eating questions or simply why your bunny licks you!i know rabbit language and noises and i am also a vet so medical questions i will answer as well!just any question i will answer so expect the best!

I've owned over 80 bunnies and currently have twin bunnies sasha and sushi.i have been studying bunnies since i was 3 so expect the best answer you can get.I can recommend vets homemade recipes and well just about anything you need.i have been currently breeding rabbits so ask questions about that as well!i know plenty of rabbit knowledge and am ready to share it!

I am in the following:the HRS. the rabbit welfare society. The ASCPA the no animal hungry vet school support dog training animal school the healthy pet Save the animal almost all adoption centers for animals in my area.

I'm a vet my very own building and I've studied rabbits all my life.I only give the BEST answer and my patients say all of there animals pulled slogan is "never let them die".What that means is even when your pet is totally dead i will still work to make them have breath again!i have my doctor degree.

None yet!but very good compliments.I'm only a small town vet!

Past clients are:ponco,coca,Lola,Mickey,David,skater, and just to many to count!(all of them are rabbits I've treated over 1000 rabbits!)