Rabbits/HOLLAND LOP

Question
I was given a male holland lop bunny. He's 6 months old and weighs 3 pounds and 10 oz. I wanted to know if he will keep growing. Also, I have an appointment to get him neutered in a few days and wanted to know if his small will decrease. Also, what kind of litter is best. Thanks

Answer
Hello There.
If he is over 6 mo. old  he is about  done growing.
He may get to 4 lbs after he is neutered.
By litter you ask , you mean like in the litter box?
I would use any type of cat litter you like.
if you have him in a cage use cedar or pine shavings some people use wood stove pellets.
good luck

Rabbits

Dan Vallo

I have been raising Rabbits for over 25 Years and have raised all the breeds mentioned above along with a few others. I have been a member of the ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Accociation) www.arba.net since 1985.I currently have a 1300 sqft barn that is Heated and colled to maintain 7o degrees all year long. We show our rabbits all over The USA and have been in the top ten breeders during the last 5 years in several different breeds.

ARBA. NM State Rabbit and Cavy Breeders, American Checkered Giant Rabbit Club, Southwest Checkered Giant RC, Champagne De` Argent RC, National Polish RC, Sandoval County Livestock commitee.

ACGRC Bulletin, CDARF monthly news bulletin,

I Worked with a vet for several Years.

top ten rabbit breeder Checkered Giant rabbit club. #1st sweepstake winner Champagne Rabbit club 2007, #10 in 2006 top 15 in 2005,Ranked # 4 in points standings for 2008. Top points standing in New Mexico for Champagne de`Argent & Checkered giant rabbbits past 5 years